Monday, June 08, 2009

I can haz Mouse!

A Razer-Pro-Solutions-Pro-Click-Mobile-Bluetooth Mouse, that is:



Can you guess which color I got?



As usual, I disregarded most things (e.g., researching the quality, etc) and went for the pretty one. . . well, the pretty, mid-range price mouse that I could get right NOW, before I have to grade all the Rhetoric in Practice projects that for some reason I had my students submit via email. I'm hoping this is going to help with the hurting hands problem, though I don't know that it's going to help with the back problem (and the neverending search for a Chiropractor/Physical Therapy/Massage/Anything useful). Last night my back was bothering so much that it actually felt better to sleep on the floor, which I did. Which is weird.

Anyway, here's mouse at my computer:




Isn't it pretty? And I like how the fact that it's Bluetooth makes it seem like it's kind of floating in relation to my computer. I'm a little fuzzy about the details of it, like if I'm supposed to shut it off when I leave my computer, but it seems to be falling asleep on its own. It also buzzes slightly, but I think that's probably worth it to save the hands.

1 comment:

Becky Krause-Hardie said...

I suggest 'constructive rest'. 15 minutes a day. Lie on floor, with a book about 1 1/2 inches thick under head to 'suspend' spine. then bend knees and bring feet up closer to your torso so that feet are flat on the ground with knees pointing up in the air. Find a way to do this so that feet don't slide away and you can relax. After the first painful part - usually even more than before, everything sinks in and relaxes supported by the floor.

xoxo