Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ok, final update on the swimsuit issue, is a somewhat disappointing, embarrassing, and relieving discover that I apparently already have six bikinis, which is more than any pale bookworm from Seattle should have. I mean maybe if I actually went to the beach more than once or twice a year.

Since we've been this far in Maia's swimsuit adventures (which sadly haven't been as fun as they sound), and this has been my primary accomplishment for the day (rather than preparing a stellar class for tomorrow) I may as well tie it up properly and sum them up:

Two I've never worn, one that's this red paisley pattern from J.Crew that I really love; the other, black with little flowers by Betsey Johnson (and other very silly Betsey Johnson-ish detailing);

Two that fit reliably enough to lounge around near a pool but not to actually go in the water, both of which I've worn a fair amount: one is red with a tiny string top and boyshort bottoms, from when I apparently thought this would make me look thinner (?) and one that's white with bananas from VS that I actually wore quite a bit last summer;

My favorite white standby from J. Crew which is cute and useful for all sorts of things like hoop dancing, though perhaps the color is starting to go a little;

Finally, an unwearable but adorable Anthro fortiesish (someone has to help me on accuracy) bikini. It has MORE coverage than any of the others but the waist hits right below the bellybotton, and I kind of think that regardless of how much I weigh or don't weigh, that is not a good place for elastic to hit. WHY did I keep it? This was a case of some kind of wishful thinking that somehow my body is capable of abs of steel.

I think I've just negated any possible argument for a new swimsuit, haven't I. Hmm. . .

No comments: