Monday, September 26, 2005

work

So, one of the jobs Jan and I have at the Humanities Center is to take pictures of all the new fellows who come in. Most of them are the usual academic sorts--you know, varying degrees of attractiveness and sociability, a degree of arrogance, some friendly cute old people, some young or awkward grad students. . . but then, there is the Classics Man.

"Oh my God," says Jan as I walk in this morning, "I just took the picture of this new Fellow, and he was so hot. You know how someone is so hot that you know if you look them in the eye you'll just. . ." she giggles illustratively.

I laugh at her.

She continues on with the story:

Jan (gives him new fellow's packet, which includes a sheet to fill about about contact info): "If you could fill this out for me please, that would be great."

Classics Man: "Er, actually, I'd rather not fill that out, because I have a stalker."

Jan: "Oh, right. No problem then."


Maybe, suggests Jan, we should stalk him too, and await smiling in his office for him to come to work. "Good morning, ---," Jan suggests we say. "I'm wearing blue panties today."

No comments: