Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wow, kind of surprised that my blog is the first google hit for "Radiant Squalor." Perhaps more surprising is that it's the first hit for the Rochester quote, "As trees are by their bark embraced / Love to my soul doth cling." Did it somehow link it first because I was the one searching (?) is that crazy (?).

Speaking of the Rochester quote, it's from and early poem, and I continue to wonder whether it is meant as an innuendo or if he was at the time actually just writing more conventional poetry. Since I apparently have a problem with "irony," so I suppose I should run this by someone more "authoritative" on the subject. Maybe I'll put up the whole poem on here, why not? Can't sleep. . . hm but then I might have to go downstairs and get my volume of Rochester.

Actually kind of all poetry from the seventeenth century is innuendo anyway.

No comments: