Monday, March 13, 2006

catering chaos

The catering just came for the people reading fellows applications this afternoon, and it was a disturbingly piddly amount of food, considering that it cost $100. If there are eight people, that means it cost about, what, $11 or $12 per person for each one to have a tiny sandwich, a drink, and a cookie. I don't understand where I went wrong--I ordered breakfast from Whole Foods last week and it was HUGE, and nobody ate it. What's the deal here? Clearly I don't have the magic touch of catering.

I actually had a dream about the lunch I'm planning for Wednesday, which was that I accidentally ordered catering from three places and had forgotten to cancel two of them, and so instead of spending about $500 on food I'd spent about $2000, and I was all freaking out until I realized that I hadn't ordered from Andronico's, Whole Foods, and a thai restaurant, but just Whole Foods and the thai restaurant, and the thai food was only for 10 people, not 40, and therefore not so excessive. But now I'm worried that the actual food I ordered from Whole Foods won't be enough.

This is all making me worried that the food on Wednesday won't be enough.

I feel very confused. There are suddenly, magically, four large boxes sitting in my office. Where did they come from? And why didn't I see them arrive?

Strange.

No comments: