Saturday, October 22, 2005

All I do these days is study for the GRE. I can't post about anything more interesting than that, sorry to say. Here's some of my current study list:

redoubtable--inspiring awe, fear; worthy of honor
truculence--agressiveness, ferocity
irascible--hot tempered
inveigle--to obtain/win over by flattery or artful talk
rancor--emnity, ill-will

did you know that spurious and specious mean basically the same thing?

isn't this so fascinating? well, it will all be over soon. I told my advisor about how I took a practice GRE and got 770 verbal, 460 quantitative, and he just laughed at me. and said i should probably try to aim for at least a 500 quantitative. but he also said if i'm lucky, they might just find it endearing.

music: i am now obsessed with the death cab for cutie song 'soul meets body,' and also postal service, 'we will become silhouettes.'

No comments: